Lead Clinical RN
- Job Title
- Lead Clinical RN
- Job ID
- Lake City, FL 32055
- Other Location
We are currently seeking an experienced Clinical Lead Registered Nurse to join our team located in Lake City, FL.
To provide patient/family driven care, the Clinical Lead Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, will deliver treatment with an emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of health and when indicated end of life comfort care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner.
• Responsible for overseeing and directing all activities of the nursing staff.
• Reviews, analyzes and maintains appropriate staffing.
• Assist Center and Market Leaders in developing, implementing and maintaining standards of operation for the department in compliance with NRC, state, and e+ CancerCare policies and procedures guidelines.
• Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following company and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, Oncology Nursing Society and other governing agency regulations.
• Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel when necessary.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, safe medication administration, mixing, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Updates and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains a respectful cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
• Regular attendance and punctuality.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
• Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as necessary.
• Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Passed the NCLEX_RN.
• Licensed by the state.
• Two or more years as a supervisory registered nurse.
• Bachelor of Science in related field.
Strong leadership and team building skills. Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia