Select your position below
- Job Title
- Survey Technician
- Job ID
- Norcross, GA 30092
- Other Location
A survey technician is a professional capable of reviewing maps, research, and field data to compute and produce final surveys and plats. A survey technician shall be experienced in reviewing title insurance reports to assist in documenting the encumbrances and land title issues relating to a specific surveying project. Survey projects include boundary surveys, topographic surveys, utility surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and Final Plats. It is the responsibility of the survey technician to continually correspond with individual survey crew party chiefs and the surveyor-in-charge to insure accurate and complete documentation of survey maps and data.
- Research and retrieve legal instruments affecting a particular project site.
- Review, reduce and import field data.
- Compute property lines and easements on the subject properties based on research and matters of record.
- Review all title issues on the surveyed property.
- Prepare legal descriptions and exhibits for survey related matters.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients and their representatives and insure a complete, timely and precise product.
- Prepare drawings based on templates and to the requirements of the client and firm.
- Organize and file all items used in the preparation of any work for future recall and verifications.
- Have a grasp on AutoCAD Civil3D and the ability to learn quickly.
- Help develop CAD standards
- Construction plan review and computations, architectural and structural coordination
- 1-2 years of experience
- High School Diploma
- Salary based on experience
Please select the position above that you want to apply under or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.