The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Sales Associate
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for revenue generation/value creation by making outgoing telephone calls, emails and other customer focused contacts within the assigned territory. In addition to placing outbound sales calls, emails, etc. , the Sales Associate will develop quotes for interested prospects and will refer leads that require additional support, or are outside of the assigned territory, to the proper person for follow-up. Working with our partners support personnel, the Sales Associate will strive to build strong personal relationships with our partner’s contacts to facilitate registration of opportunities with our partners and to secure the best possible pricing for our customer quotes as well as to obtain lists of potential customers for them to contact. In this capacity, the Sales Associate will be regularly available and responsive to requests from assigned partner(s).
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Master all elements of partner registration requirements and register as many opportunities as possible for favorable pricing.
- Master all elements of partner pricing and sourcing.
- Obtain customer information required to prepare quotes.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as partner personnel, bid boards, purchased lists and other sources as applicable.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Register opportunities and orders internally in MicroTech’s CRM and Accounting systems.
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe partner products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to identify a possible lead for another part of the organization.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Refer appointments for outside sales representatives to the appropriate Sales Support Team meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree required.
- Preferred 1+ years relevant business/IT sales experience (State & Local or federal government marketplace experience is desired)
- Proven customer satisfaction skills (verbal and written communication skills, and negotiation techniques)
- Knowledge or ability to learn about information technology (IT) industry (networking, software products, markets, technology)
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our product solutions sales and our company
- Proven detailed organizational and administration skills
- Ability to obtain security clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.