Senior Hardware Engineer, Systems Lead
- Job Title
- Senior Hardware Engineer, Systems Lead
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55431
- Other Location
Senior Hardware Engineer, Systems Lead, Contract
Our client designs cutting-edge technology that supports our nation’s defense systems. In this role, you will design, develop, and integrate information processing avionics hardware to operate in a harsh military environment. You will enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. 9+ month contract position with opportunity to extend.
- Lead cross-functional teams of electrical, mechanical, and integration and test engineers with the implementation of state of the art multi-core systems
- Designing of circuit card assemblies based on the system hardware requirements
- Selection of electronic components
- Implementation of the schematic design
- Directing the layout and routing of printed wiring boards
- Performing design analysis/simulation
- Supporting system integration.
- Evaluating system performance
- Writing test plans and directing testing
- Writing design documentation.
- Transforming customer objectives and system requirements into compliant designs
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience) and 10+ years of relevant experience OR Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Processor Module Design Experience
- X86 processor (XEON class) design
- X86 memory design
- NAND FLASH
- NOR FLASH
- FPGA module design
- Xilinx (mandatory)
- Intel (aka Altera)
- Knowledgeable on high speed interface design
- PCI3 Gen3
- Ethernet – 10/40Gbps, 25/50/100 Gbps
- Fibre Channel
- Fundamental knowledge of high speed signal designs
- Tools Experience:
- Mentor Graphics DxDesigner
- Extensive experience with complex multi-core microprocessor avionics designs
- Requirements management in DOORS
Due to the nature of work, US citizenship is required.