Field Instrument Technician
- Job Title
- Field Instrument Technician
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
Process Instrument Company serving the Industrial Process Market has a full time Instrument Service Technician position available in the Chicago Land area. This is a great career opportunity with a solid and well-managed company with good benefits.
Industry base is diverse with instrument exposure to pressure, temperature, level and flow and Wireless Instrument Technology.
* Provide Field Service Support for measurement products at key customer sites in the Chicago land and outlying areas.
* Provide Startup & Commissioning and ongoing application troubleshooting.
* Determine if instruments are set up correctly and take corrective action if necessary.
* Documentation of repair/testing/and field service activities - cause of failure, actions taken.
* Customer communication - technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting/determining disposition of repairs.
* Adherence to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations
* Participation and involvement in company Safety and Quality Programs
* Work with Sales and Customers to achieve desired goals
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Ability to travel
* Associates Degree in instrumentation, or 10 years industry experience or a min. of 1800 hours relevant military education
* Knowledge of analyzing, evaluating, diagnosing and resolving equipment and process related problems
* Excellent communications skills - written and verbal
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to learn quickly and grasp new material
* Personal Computer experience necessary
* Physically fit to climb and work throughout industrial sites in order to access instruments. Repeated lifting of items up to 25 lbs.
Competitive compensation package which includes company car, cell phone and laptop along with company benefits.
If interested, please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org at National Engineering Resources or fax to 763.561.7675