IT Security Manager
- Job Title
- IT Security Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
Title: IT Security Manager
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is desiring a leader within the realm of IT Security who has previous Manager experience within a global organization. This person will be a servant minded leader with a strong desire to consistently grow their skill-set while also helping to develop the skills of their entire team. This is an organization that offers a lot of growth opportunities and is desiring an individual that looks for a challenge!
- Implements processes and methods for assessing and addressing threats to achieve and maintain a high level of system security
- Facilitates migration of noncompliant environments to compliant environments to improve the overall integrity of the Information Security system
- Manages and participates in the planning and implementation of security administration for all IT projects to ensure directional alignment to the overall Information Security strategy
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of security applications and systems to provide a uniform Information Security platform
- Makes recommendations and assists in the implementation of changes to work methods and procedures to make them more effective and to strengthen security measures
- Leads the overall effort of the service tower to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and systems
- Provides direction with defining, developing, and managing the enterprise security operations service tower in an effort to minimize the total number of vulnerabilities or intrusions
- Facilitates incident response on behalf of security operations to computer security breaches, inadvertent end user actions, and data loss to efficiently restore system functionality and availability
- Manages and updates the overall budget for the department to ensure operations, new projects, and other costs adhere to preliminary budget expectations
- Creates a positive atmosphere to encourage teammate growth and development; provides support to teammates leveraging open and frequent communication
- Provides security consultation to other IT and non-IT functions to protect and preserve intellectual property
- Supervises: Security Operations Team with a span of control ranging from 10-14 teammates
- Plans and establishes goals and objectives for a team, with direct impact on the immediate or short-term operational results of the work area
- This role will have daily responsibilities for Budget or P&L accountability of their area (Security Operations). As well as manage day-to-day elements of the budget (e.g., overtime for staff)
Problem Solving & Complexity
- Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues, but are not usually complex. Problems typically involve consideration of a single site, geography, product or customer. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with some logical analysis of the issue.
- Responsible for making modifications in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of the work area
Communication & Influence
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function, which may include external customers or vendors depending upon the job function.
- Explains policies, practices and procedures of the work area to others within the organization. May work to justify and gain cooperation of other parties on practices, policies and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Supervises a team consisting of professional, technical or administrative staff. Leads, directs and reviews the work of team members in order to accomplish operational plans and results. Focuses on mentoring, coaching and coordination of work.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports