Mobile Developer (IOS/Android)
- Job Title
- Mobile Developer (IOS/Android)
- Job ID
- Lathrup Village, MI 48076
- Other Location
Our team is currently seeking a IOS/Android Mobile developer to join our team in The Southfield area. Our facilities are state of the art and are continuously being upgraded. .
Looking for an energetic, creative and technically savvy Mobile Developer to work within our Technology Services team. The Mobile Developer will work within a collaborative cross-functional team to develop platform specific mobile apps, and mobile web applications.
The Mobile Developer will partner with the user experience interaction designers and visual designers to understand and translate the information architecture, navigation, finished visual designs and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Mobile Developer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework. This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will assume a lead role for various practices and decisions. This person will…
- Test-drive code
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Pair program with different people in many situations
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Contribute to a strong team using their collaboration skills. Mentor team members.
- Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 3+ years of experience developing software currently in market
- 3+ years of experience with iOS and/or Android application development at all levels of the stack.
- Experience with in market system level iOS and/or Android OS applications a MUST
- Experience writing iOS and/or Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP)
- Experience with iOS and/or Android Activities and Fragments
- Experience with multi-threaded development on iOS and/or Android platforms
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Exposure to and general understanding of user-centered design methodology and human factors principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of platform-specific tools and languages (Expert-level proficiency a must) - Swift, iOS SDK, Java, Android SDK, RxAndroid, Dagger Dependency Injection, Swagger Codegen, etc.
- Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect to Unit testing and automated testing and refactoring tools such as Junit, Jasmine, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Is a proficient practitioner of Agile Software Craftsmanship principles and practices such as clean code, TDD, Continuous Integration, Legacy Rescue, and Agile Testing.
- Enjoys being a strong mentor who can teach and lead teammates on Software Craftsmanship path.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result, and teamful attitude.
- Must be capable of working in a member-centric environment, with a practical approach and strong problem solving skills.
- Prior banking or credit union experience is a plus.