Sr. Technical Accounting Advisor (CPA with min. 5 yrs. of Big 4 Experience) - up to $130K Base!!!
- Job Title
- Sr. Technical Accounting Advisor (CPA with min. 5 yrs. of Big 4 Experience) - up to $130K Base!!!
- Job ID
- Canton, MI 48188
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Technical Accounting Advisor (CPA with min. 5 yrs. of Big 4 Experience) - up to $130K Base!!!
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We are looking for a resourceful, enthusiastic, and disciplined technical advisor to complement our financial reporting function. This advisor will help lead the team responsible for the preparation of SEC filings. This sharp-minded individual will also be responsible for technical accounting research and staying up-to-date on new accounting guidance and pronouncements. The position reports to the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Consolidations.
• Responsible for the accounting, reporting, and any technical research with respect to pensions, derivatives, and other technical topics.
• Assist in the oversight of SEC filing preparation and reporting to other government agencies
• Assist with the quarterly earnings release process including preparing all the materials
• Stay up-to-date on new accounting guidance and help assess the impact on the business and reporting environment.
• Research the accounting for unique transactions
• Lead special projects and perform ad-hoc analysis as required
• Train and develop team members
Position requires CPA license with 5 years of experience working at a Big 4 Public Accounting Firm, will also accept experience at Grant Thornton or Plante Moran.
• 5+ years of public accounting experience at a big 4 firm
• BS/BA and/or Masters in Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or financial reporting experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and ability to independently research complex accounting topics
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks or assignments and consistently meet or exceed deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong organization, written and communication skills
• Strong sense of urgency and self-motivated
• Ability to effectively interface with global team members, peers, internal stakeholders and leadership
• Proficient with Excel and Word
• Well rounded individual who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What'll Make You Special
• Great writing skills
• Technical accounting experience
• Experience in the automotive / electronics space
• Proficiency with financial reporting systems (e.g. HFM, QAD, Wdesk).