Embedded Software Engineering Manager
- Job Title
- Embedded Software Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MN 55441
- Other Location
Embedded Software Manager
Our client is a worldwide leading manufacturer of sensors and precision measurement systems. They are having a very successful streak of years and are growing their engineering teams. This Software Engineering Manager is a hands-on leadership role responsible for managing projects, product design and development, and developing and managing a growing firmware team. This is a direct hire career opportunity with a growing leader in a Western Minneapolis location.
- This position provides hands on firmware development and leadership responsibilities for a small (growing) team
- Plans and directs all aspects of embedded software engineering activities.
- Communicates and reviews job performance expectations of direct reports
- Provides guidance and strong technical leadership for software engineering team to develop firmware for lighting products.
- Responsible for development of the embedded software engineering team through mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Administrative responsibilities for direct reports (embedded / firmware engineers) including making hiring decisions and performance reviews
- Partner with product development, technical marketing, business development managers, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and manufacturing for product definition, development, field support , etc.
- Investigation, design, implementation, optimization, documentation, and characterization of new technologies and features for lighting products
- Design and develop real-time software system architectures that are modular, scalable and easy-to-maintain
- Interface with external and internal clients to understand requirements and evaluate solutions
- BSEE, BSCS or BSCE; MS a plus
- Minimum 10 years (or an MS degree with 5 years) of experience in development, implementation, and verification of embedded software systems
- 2+ years of technical experience leading embedded software engineering development in either a lead or management role
- Experience with Agile concepts such as SCRUM a plus
- Demonstrated design and programming experience with functional and OO design and programming languages including C and C++
- Experienced developing non-real time and real-time OS experience required, with solid understanding of multi-threading, inter-process communications, interrupt handlers, and related topics
- Working knowledge of development tools (compilers, emulators, configuration control, etc.)
- Experience with automated regression testing and simulation
This is not a position for which sponsorship is available now or in the future. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email Lisa.Lindemann@nerinc.com