PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Communications Center Specialist (Springfield VA)
- Job ID
- Springfield, VA 22152
- Other Location
Project Support Services Inc. (PSS) is a progressive Service-Disabled Veteran owned small business with the best interest of its employees and clients at the forefront of its platform. Project Support Services Inc. offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salaries, health care coverage, vacation, paid holidays, 401k retirement package, and more.
PSS is seeking a Communications Center Specialist to "serve" as a member of an eight (8) person Com Center Team. This individual will support a large 24/7 Federal Law Enforcement Agency communications center operations, supporting a nationwide initiative/operation to keep our Federal Law Enforcement Professionals safe. (Shift differential pay where appropriate) This position will support communications deliverables in writing and verbal communication. Additionally, this position entails real-time situational analyses and SOP research of client operations, business processes, organizational structures, supporting information systems, and practices to identify the accurate course of action. Person will work under PSS direct and/or indirect supervision.
This type of Opportunity/Employment is tailored for prior Military Service Veterans, Reservist, National Guard, Retired Military Police, and former ROTC students; all with the ability to work Mid’s/Days/Nights 24/7 shift work (Shift differential pay where appropriate). Transitional Military professionals should apply. We are actively seeking candidates that fall into several categories: * Marines, Army, Navy, Air-Force, former ROTC students, National Guard & Reservist
This is a high profile position for a prestigious Federal Law Enforcement Agency in the DC Metro area. The position will required an “Active” Secret or Top Secret Clearance. Successful candidates will be charged with performing the duties listed below (with 24 hour availability) individually “and” as part of a team. This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth with a forward thinking and growing company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Minimum High School or greater.
- “Multi-Task” Must be able to speak/listen and document information via PC at the same time.
- Knowledge of modern communications principles and practices.
- Knowledge of various different computer software systems / equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and requirements on working with confidential information and ability to maintain confidentially of information.
- Skill in the use of computer software for processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentations.
- Skill in the use of tact, discretion, initiative, and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain composure under stressful conditions and to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with people from all areas including other staff, law enforcement personnel and general public.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year availability (Shift differential pay where appropriate).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organized and Detail oriented
- Retired Military Police & Service Veterans experience is preferred
Optional Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities “Nice to Have”:
- Knowledge of NCIC/NLETS policies and procedures.
- Skill in using computer aided notification systems.
Optional Training and Experience:
• Five years experience in public safety dispatching including law enforcement, fire and EMS calls
• Any equivalent combination of training and experience that will have provided the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
• National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS)
PSS offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- VSP Vision
- Wage works, commuter pre-tax program; Metro/Transit/Rail/Parking
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- On the job training and professional development
Communications Center Specialist (Springfield VA)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs