PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- IT Technical Writer (Sr. Program Manager)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The IT Technical Writer must have a genuine interest and ability to write, edit, and blog with a clear understanding of enterprise technology. Person must be an individual who possesses exceptional writing skills with two to three years of experience in policy development, standard operating procedure development (SOP’s), and/or project management. Situations or tasks outside set parameters are referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. This individual may attend work-related conferences, meetings, or any other official training or function.
As an IT Technical Writer/Editor/Blogger; you will develop and/or coordinate targeted IT communications (blogs, tweets, scripts, etc.) designed to increase awareness and acceptance of the electronic immigration system and other contract related programs and initiatives from concept through implementation. Plan, implement, and/or manage IT communications efforts or
social media/social networking programs.
Duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Writing and drafting policy directives, the strategic plan and other planning documents.
- Facilitating the strategic planning and policy development process.
- Editing/proofing policy directives and the strategic plan for grammatical and formatting errors and content inconsistencies.
- Planning, reviewing, and managing the flow of policy in the review process, and loading the policy onto the policy web page using MS FrontPage.
- Organizing the files for the policy directives/strategic planning.
- Gathering information from various sources, providing data analysis, and recommending process improvements.
- Providing additional general support i.e. tracking policy directives and the strategic planning process, providing weekly and monthly status reports, etc.
- Develop curriculum and documentation for application and hardware training.
- Conduct individualized one-on-one training, as needed.
- Consult with end users regularly to identify new training opportunities.
- Maintain the Training Knowledgebase, Best Practice Tips, how-to tips, and other customer self-help resources.
- Plan, design, and implement effective, engaging, innovative, and interactive training activities.
- Create, update, and maintain training templates and documentation, including brochures, Quick
- Help guides, and other training materials.
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations.
- Must have four (4) year Bachelor's degree.
- Must have nine (9) years specialized experience that is related to the duties described above.
- Effective technical writing and oral communications skills.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Must be proficient in the skill of technical writing.
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to develop organizational strategies to formulate a plan to implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
IT Technical Writer (Sr. Program Manager)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs