PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Senior Program Manager (Sr. Project Manager)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Senior Program Manager (Sr. Project Manager) is responsible for providing project deliverables to a US Federal Law Enforcement Agency, HQ Division management. Situations outside set parameters are referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. The Sr. Program Manager shall assist the managers of the Agency Division programs by providing management, oversight and direction for planned and ongoing projects to help insure the efficient operations of projects for the Agency. Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for navigating within a Waterfall & Agile methodology environment. Agile being the leading methodology.
Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for managing project/s delivery for mid to large complex enterprise projects with cross functional team members that may be comprised of several different departments/divisions; high visibility; aggressive time-lines/schedules, and require negotiation skills to balance the needs of project stakeholders. Projects will be technical in nature; having implications and impacts associated with Agency enterprise wide systems/system applications; software development; infrastructure; networks, and telecommunication/product devices. Projects may be multi-tiered comprising several smaller projects that span multiple years; larger budget and business impacts. This position will manage work utilizing standard project management methodologies (Waterfall & Agile), processes/procedures - projects have clear start/end dates; specific manpower resource allocations; budgets and are clearly defined as "project" by the business. The specific risk level for this position will be Public Trust.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the management, planning, coordination, administration and execution of all Agency programs for headquarters.
- Oversees ongoing projects, and meets with counterparts in other agencies as needed.
- Prepares correspondence as needed for management signature.
- Interprets existing rules, regulations, and Agency policies.
- Develops and analyzes program resource requests.
- Prepares reports, memoranda, briefing papers, and other written material for internal use and external use.
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the federal government's regulations.
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Responsible for clear utilization of both Waterfall & Agile methodologies.
- Responsible for identifying potential risks across a broad number of projects and divisions.
- Will drive project status reporting and meetings; effectively use communication tools to ensure project health, and transparency to risk.
- Drive program strategy; as aligns with business goals.
- Possibly lead, manage or assist cross functional efforts in defining budget requirements for a project or program goals.
- Person must have the ability to pass a Public Trust or higher background investigation.
- A four (4) year bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- Nine (9) years of specialized experience that is related to the duties described.
- Must have working experience with both Waterfall & Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Senior Program Manager (Sr. Project Manager)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs