Java Software Engineer
Inuvo is looking to hire a talented engineer to join a growing software development team. Engineers in this role will play an integral part in the design and development of a native ad delivery platform. Ideal candidates will be creative in design, diligent in problem solving, dedicated to the quality of their work, skilled in one or more required technologies, and overall versatile. Candidates should be comfortable working alone and in small teams. Candidates with an understanding of software design patterns and modern design philosophies are strongly preferred.
- Participate as a lead member of our Engineering team, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and deployment of high performance and highly scalable services and web applications.
- Lead the development effort for our media product components, including the Real Time Bidding (RTB) architecture, the ad serving infrastructure, and all components related to a media campaign life cycle.
- Implement business-critical internal web applications, specifically for campaign management, targeting, and optimization.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience, building and shipping Java web based applications.
- Excellent core Java coding skills (Java guru) and solid OOP design skills.
- Proven track record of working on complex modular projects.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and capable of defining own design and test scenarios.
- Good knowledge of database concepts and experience with related data access technologies (SQL & Stored Procedures, NoSQL based: Cassandra, Redis).
- Comfortable performing many roles: architect, main developer, QA.
- Significant development experience in a Linux environment preferred.
- Experience with large-scale data processing (Hadoop and M/R) a big plus.
- Experience with RTB and the OpenRTB protocol, a big plus.
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols, networks, Python, Perl and/or Shell, Web services, SOAP, REST, a plus.
- Basic experience with the DSP stack (demand/supply chain, campaign management, KPIs) a plus.
- Startup experience a plus.