PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Statistician is a subject matter expert in statistical theory, techniques and methodology and is responsible for developing and conducting research, compiling internal statistical data, analyzing data and preparing reports and briefings. The Statistician performs data management by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting quantitative information (data elements) in order to advise on statistical trending, forecast improvement opportunities, develop performance measures, and recommend strategy. The Statistician supports the development and revision of statistical methodologies needed to meet strategic objectives and analyzes data to evaluate and determine future behaviors to improve performance. The Statistician focuses on collecting and providing data analytics that are descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive to leadership, program offices, and other functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the systems available to obtain data for research studies and reports.
- Determine appropriate statistical procedures for analysis of data and accomplishes its implementation.
- Solves statistical and data table relationship problems encountered in research and data management situations.
- Create multiple programs and/or scripts to achieve queries and comprehensive statistical analyses for given data set in multiple combinations of variables and time-sequences.
- Consolidate data from different databases and prepares an integrated analysis.
- Interpret the statistical significance of project findings.
- Multiple projects are coordinated and kept in progress simultaneously.
- Plan and conduct special studies/projects as assigned.
- Plan and conduct statistical research projects to evaluate, design and tabulate results in the general area of statistics and experimental design.
- Study subordinate or peer technical reviews of professional studies, research and analysis and challenges or validates the findings by considering the impact on national missions, programs, and/or directives.
- Serves as a recognized authority, expert, and leader in a statistics or related regulatory field of specification.
- Develops broad, complex programs of scientific conclusions, opinions, and recommendations that are critical to the mission.
- Serves as a technical authority, leader, and expert in the development and interpretation of organization guidelines.
- Reviews organizational statistical measurements, reports, and documents for policy implications, and impacts on organization-wide, district, and industry activities.
- Report and/or publish, when appropriate, the experimental design and statistical aspects of statistical methodology and research findings.
- Give briefings and presentations on the effort.
- Issue reports, whether for publication or for internal use only, as sole author in collaboration with colleagues.
- Provide expert analysis and advice on Division/District/Agency-wide programs or issues of national impact, to include:
- Appling advanced techniques to interpret and evaluate findings resulting from analysis.
- Reconciling conflicts between basic policies and program goals.
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to top management officials.
- Identifying reasons for the nature and/or extent of program-related problems that arise and investigates areas in need of improvements.
- Recommending options that remedy problematic situations.
- Writing comprehensive resolution recommendations.
- Formally presenting findings before large and diverse audiences, such as Federal, State and Local Government representatives, special interest groups, the community, the media, etc.
When existing techniques are not applicable, develops new statistical methods using expert knowledge of mathematical and applied statistics. Develops survey methodology and analyzes data using parametric and nonparametric methods, mixed model analysis, multivariate analysis, profit analysis, survival analysis, logistic regression, linear regression, ordinal regression, multivariate regression, principal components analysis and discriminate analysis.
- Four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics OR comparable field of study is required.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience related to the required duties above.
- Person “MUST” have experience with STATA Software/Programming.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs