Ready to change the world? It begins with improving health.
Work for CityLife! Can you say…
- "I want to be a part of something huge?"
- "I am more fun than a basketful of puppies?"
- "I am curious as all get out?"
- "I am committed like a champion?"
- "I listen like a radar dish?"
- "I work to make things better?"
- "I am flexible as a hockey goalie?"
View jobs and create a profile below to apply.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Job Title
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Other Location
About CityLife: CityLife Neighborhood Clinics… Improving health block by block… It’s a movement! CityLife is changing how members should think of primary care. Like the old family doctor, primary care is the first place to go for all your health needs. A primary care physician has been the first stop to diagnose & treat illness. Now, primary care is still where you go when you are sick & want to feel better, but also when you need help with the health care system & when you are well & want to get healthier.
Only you can improve your health, but you do not have to do it alone. At CityLife, we know health is more than just physical, which is why we have a care team in place to take care of the whole you, as a person, and not as a condition! The minute you walk in the door, a warm family feel not only makes you feel cared for, but comfortable. At CityLife, you not only have a doctor, but a whole team of health care professionals built around you and your needs! The health care system is hard to navigate, and at CityLife, we know that. That is why we have made it our mission to make health easier by offering same-day visits, walk-in care and so much more!
Position Description: Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (MHNP) works as a member of an integrated health team, to provide outpatient psychiatric services within the primary care setting. The MHNP focuses on health promotion through identification of health risks, education and counseling for development of health promoting lifestyles, identification and management of acute, episodic mental health problems, management of persistent mental illness, and appropriate and effective collaboration and referrals.
- Performs assessment and brief treatment for a wide range of psychological/psychiatric disorders as part of the primary care team
- Offers pharmacotherapeutic and brief psychotherapeutic treatment interventions for a wide range of psychological disorders
- Provides responsible medication management, adjusting treatment based on the needs of the patients
- Develops educational, training materials and conducts sessions or disseminates information to care team on recent advances in the field
- Acts as a consultant to the primary care teams addressing mental and behavior health concerns
- Chart reviews and peer shadowing completed on a regular basis
- Maintains documentation in compliance with clinic, state, federal, professional and ethical guidelines
- Provides crisis intervention and referral for psychiatric hospitalization referrals for further diagnostic psychological or medical testing as needed
- Actively participates and develops care plans with clinical team and patients, as part of the larger primary care plan, based on diagnostic assessment information that is documented appropriately, including identified goal(s), behavioral/psychological problem statement, measurable objectives and estimated time frames for achievement
- Advises members and family members in methods that facilitate a capacity for self-care and a movement towards a healthcare partnership between the healthcare teams, the members, and their families
- Apply knowledge of and experience with a broad repertoire of psychotherapeutic skills from a variety of theoretical perspectives (e.g. play therapy with children, cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic therapy with adults, psychoeducational therapy and family therapy)
- Provides effective triage of members in need of specialty behavioral health
- Independently develop, coordinate and facilitate psycho-educational classes, groups and member activities as relevant to treatment plan/program
- Maintains clinic hours in multiple CityLife clinics, providing culturally competent services to a diverse patient population
- Please note: this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change with or without notice.
- Current certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurse Credentialing Center
- Valid state Nurse Practitioner license and valid RN license required