The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Innovation Lead / Mission Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Innovation Lead / Mission Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Innovation Lead / Mission Systems Administrator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager (onsite)
MicroTech is seeking a personable, highly motivated individual with a wide breadth of IT knowledge experience to provide recommendations regarding the latest IT innovations and industry trends derived from in-depth research and detailed analysis of products and services that enhance or augment the client’s mission requirements. In addition, will also serve as a member of the Mission Systems Server support team responsible for providing tier 2 & tier 3 level technical support for mission specific applications, servers, and end user support within a Windows multi-domain environment. Duties involve the administration and maintenance of the client’s Mission Application Enclave, an environment comprised of several IBM and Dell blade servers running ESXi VMware utilizing Enterprise managed storage. The successful candidate must be a team-player, able to work with a diverse group of technical staff; but who can also work with minimal supervision to meet client requirements. Must possess excellent social, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to effectively interact with the client, corporate and government senior leadership, and required vendors in order to develop and deliver quality and actionable information and recommendations related to innovative IT solutions that may benefit the client.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions
- Evaluate existing client technology deployments, research and develop recommendations for new technologies, or deployment models that are an order of magnitude quicker and/or cheaper than current methods. Provide recommendations for upgrade or replacement of existing solutions
- Continually monitor and analyze current and future technology trends and solutions; provide recommendations to the client, including cost analysis, potential use cases, and possible implementation strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors and other stakeholders to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time
- Evaluate government approved cloud and social media services and solutions. Participate in Cloud and/or other innovation pilots; maintain the existing social media solution and act as the client’s liaison for future integrations of social media analytics into the client environment
- Evaluate web-based technologies to support the client’s social media monitoring and analytics needs. Make recommendations on emerging social media solutions that meet or exceed current organizational requirements.
- Assist with simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
- Assist with daily operations, maintenance, and administration of the client’s physical and virtual server infrastructure
- Assist with maintaining the security and health of the environment through application of DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), IAVAs, SRRS, anti-virus updates, and other required security controls
- Assist with administration and use of ACAS and HBSS compliance tools
- Assist with preparing for and successfully passing annual Enterprise Cybersecurity Assessment Visits (CAV) and the Command Cybersecurity Readiness Inspection program audits
- Assist the PM with administration of the client’s recurring Change Control Board (CCB)
- Monitor and respond to service tickets managed through the Enterprise ticketing system (BMC Remedy); work closely with application development team and end users to resolve issues related to locally developed mission essential applications
- Participate in the development and preparation of SOPs, reports, memoranda, and other proprietary correspondence
- Assist the PM with Information Assurance (IA) requirements to ensure compliance with applicable DOD Cybersecurity requirements; update documents and security controls in eMASS
- Occasionally provides support outside normal duty hours for mission critical applications either remotely or onsite as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other IT related major
- Strong background in IT systems management/administration/engineering with experience designing, integrating, and implementing new solutions
- Experience with project management concepts and the use of MS Project
- Knowledge of Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Knowledge of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS)
- Proficient with the full MS Office Suite of productivity tools
- Must have excellent problem solving and critical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications, both oral and written research, and documentation skills
DESIRABLE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- VMware experience (Certified VCP 5.5 or higher a plus)
- Experience using with both Windows Mac desktops
- CompTIA Security+ CE (desired) or equivalent to meet DoD 8570 requirements
- Microsoft Certification: Server 2008 or higher (desired)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: