Financial Project Control Specialist
- Job Title
- Financial Project Control Specialist
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
JOB TITLE: Financial Project Control Specialist
LOCATION: Corporate Office (Vienna, VA)
REPORTS TO: VP Product Solutions
We have an immediate need for a Financial Project Control Specialist to provide financial analysis of and project information for a portfolio of projects. The individual will be an integral part of our team's ongoing development efforts. This individual will be responsible for monitoring, presenting data on profitability and financial forecasting on projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform various financial analyses, such as reconciliations and variance analysis;
- Manage activities to prepare budgets and forecasts and to forecast and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.;
- Interact frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice;
- Work with the AR to prepare client invoices, and follow up with client offices on collections;
- Be a part of the project management office (“PMO”) perform day-to-day contract financial management activities;
- Participate in formal mid-year and year end financial performance assessment activities for assigned projects
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall financial performance of the projects
- Implement/execute internal control and Project Controller processes; and,
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, Federal regulations and guidelines and contractual requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- B.A./B.S. with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management, or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial analysis role;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level PowerPoint and advance to expert Excel Skills (Excel certification will be required post-hire);
- Working in a Federal Professional Services Contracting environment is a plus
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the Executive Level;
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports;
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to think creatively while identifying problems and developing solutions;
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.