QA Manager (Devices, Mobile & Bots)
- Job Title
- QA Manager (Devices, Mobile & Bots)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: QA Manager (Devices, Mobile & Bots)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Notes about the Req:
This is a high priority Direct Hire search - the role has been open for quite some time - not looking for your typical eComm - looking specifically for folks who have Mobile, Bots, and Device experience.
The Quality Assurance Manager of Ecommerce is responsible for overseeing the testing for Native Apps, Loyalty, BOTS and other applications within our eCommerce Landscape.
(This is PRIMARILY managing our peripheral device testing and Loyalty – NOT Core and International Websites)
They will partner with the development team for overall code quality. They will manage the Quality Assurance resources while also setting and managing the overall testing process. This position will report to the Director of QA.
- 10+ years of experience in software Quality Assurance
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Manager role in a transactional Ecommerce environment.
- Expert experience QA best practices and ecommerce testing techniques.
- Expert experience in QA tools including: Jira, Confluence, Defect Tracker, etc.
- Expert experience managing cross-functional automation and performance test teams.
- Expert experience in multi browser test tools, link checker tools, general eCommerce testing tools
- Expert experience setting up CI/CD solutions at an enterprise level for a multi-billion-dollar company.
- Expert experience in Code Build / Branch tools.
- Expert experience in Managing a QA team in a highly Agile environment.
- Experience with the implementation of automated testing process and tools
- Ability to work independently with an aptitude for detailed work and follow-up activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent team player with good written & verbal communication skills.
- Develop and implement an effective testing strategy inclusive of people, process and tooling that will drive higher quality and efficiency.
- Setup testing Frameworks for the teams to follow.
- Lead and mentor the QA team on testing practices used consistently across the board.
- Coordinate the test efforts of both internal and external resources.
- Participate in the development of the project plans by outlining QA tasks, deliverables, deadlines, time estimates, etc.
- Provide leadership, performance feedback, mentoring, and career development planning to team members.
- Train and mentor QA team on best practices.
- Develop and maintain an automated continuous testing framework that enables high quality deliverables
- Manage incidents and defects that are escalated from PulseCare or Customer Care to the eCommerce team
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Develop and maintain service level metrics for systems, including response time, failover, time to failure, and time to recover.
- Inform Management Team of testing status and provide final go/no-go recommendation
- Ensure that software release procedures are documented and followed.
- the appropriate test environments are in place and controlled.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop metrics that will be reported on at an enterprise level.
(30%) Validation of Quality Applications
- Work with the automation team and develop Automated unit and regression tests, within the automated continuous testing framework, to ensure features and functions of the product are fully tested and behave as intended. Both unit and regression.
- Assist in grooming manual Test Plans /Cases to be sufficient for the automation team.
- Skilled in writing tests and validating code in parallel with the team developing the applications.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- Certify software functionality for new Production releases.
- Work with Integration Build teams to manage developer and production release of software.
- Collaborate with Operations team to monitor applications to ensure applications perform as planned.
- Review, escalate and resolve reported incidents and defects escalated by PulseCare or Customer Care
- Collaborate with other support teams as needed including Cloud Engineering and NOC Operations.
- Track defects on projects