Welcome to the GES Career Opportunities page. Below you will find a listing of the current openings available with our premier clients. Please note that due to the confidential nature of some opportunities, not all positions will be listed here. If you’d like to register with us and be considered for all new positions, click here and tell us about your interests. All positions are full time unless noted otherwise.
Vice President of Engineering - RF, BLE Devices
- Job Title
- Vice President of Engineering - RF, BLE Devices
- Requirement ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
GES is searching for a Vice President of Hardware Engineering to join an exciting late stage start-up company in Austin. This position will be responsible for the delivery of multiple hardware components with a small in house team supplemented by outsourced resources.
Ideal candidates will have leadership experience in small to mid size tech based companies and understand how to scale from proof of concept numbers to multi-million components/devices. Experience in designing and managing high volume, low cost electronics such as Bluetooth devices, sensors, and beacons is a must.
- Total responsibility for delivering world class hardware for products including design, PCB layout, component selection and packaging / enclosure design.
- Manage all hardware development, including beacons, data collectors, sensors and internal tools
- Manage development of designs that can be manufactured at competitive low costs for high volume products.
- Manage development of designs that can be installed at competitive low costs for low volume products such as store infrastructure
- Design and manage all hardware development processes, including design reviews (internal and external), bom / component management, design libraries, and agency certifications.
- Work with software to integrate with product QA process
- Hire and manage a world class team of engineers and consultants that are dedicated and passionate about delivering great hardware products for it's customers
- Responsible for all internal and manufacturing documentation
- Work closely with manufacturing to move products into production and support products through their total life cycle.
- Establish and manage to performance metrics
- Expected to be hands on technical in working with engineers
- EE degree
- At least 5 years experience working as a hardware designer
- At least 5 years managing hardware product development
- Experience in designing and managing high volume, low cost electronics
- RF design experience a strong plus
- Good understanding of embedded firmware a strong plus
- Great communication skills oral and written.
- Experience building and managing a team of hardware engineers
- Experience working in a startup environment
Click here to email your resume for immediate consideration (Please leave ID number in subject field)
Or apply below
- Required Skills
- EE, Electronics Design and Development