The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
AR / Collection Specialist
- Job Title
- AR / Collection Specialist
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning and execution of the accounts receivable functions in a timely, accurate, consistent, and effective manner. Ensure that all accounts receivable and related accounting processes are documented and performed in a professional, accurate, quality, and timely manner. Assist the Accounting Directors, the Vice President of Finance and the CFO in the control and standardization of the accounts receivable and accounting processing procedures by developing and maintaining up to date procedures document of all the cycles: daily, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process the billing and collections of all invoices from government agencies.
- Prepare invoices in Microsoft Dynamics NAV in the required format in accordance with the customer’s contract requirements.
- Coordinate with the Program Managers all charges on invoices prior to submission to the client.
- Submit invoices for payment in required format and mode (hard copy, WAWF, etc.) Send necessary backup and invoices out in timely manner after billed.
- Reconcile past due invoices and work to keep invoices in a 30 day or less status.
- Collects money due on a daily basis - work to ensure invoices are paid in 30 days or less status.
- Post cash receipts to customer accounts and research any unrecognized deposits. Assist the Director of Accounting with various projects and assignments as required.
- Ensure all billings are prepared accurately, timely, and in accordance with the applicable government contracts terms and conditions.
- Develop a power user status of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Billing system.
- Keep management apprised of any issues adversely affecting the timely billing or collection of billed amounts.
- Work with contracting officer to resolve any rejected invoices to insure proper receipt of payment.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Three to five years experience in payroll operations and processing, including experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business Administration with concentration in Finance and Accounting preferred.
- Must have government billing experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
To apply online, please use URL below: