Director of Information Technology (IT)/Program Manager
- Job Title
- Director of Information Technology (IT)/Program Manager
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
The Director of IT has the primary responsibly of ensuring the corporate IT infrastructure, both on premise and in the cloud, remains secure and fully operational. Principal duties include the monitoring and management of all servers (physical and virtual), network storage, switches, business applications, and other IT related resources. Must maintain the health and security of the Active Directory forest; evaluate and install required patches, updates, and new software releases, along with performing system upgrades as appropriate to keep pace with new and emerging technologies and best practices. Expected to understand layer 2 and layer 3 networking as well as Windows based client/server operations to include administration of Office 365 and Azure environments.
The Director of IT will be expected to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and remediate hardware and software related problems, perform system level and file backup and recovery; monitor the overall health of IT systems to ensure data access and integrity is maintained. Update public DNS records, create and update internal system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and policies. The successful candidate will need to rely on strong IT experience, a breadth of IT knowledge, and sound judgment to effectively plan and accomplish expected goals.
The Director of IT also provides oversight and direction of the internal IT service desk support staff and is responsible for the compliance and maintenance of company’s ISO 20000 & 27000 certifications. Will additionally assist the Vice President with the oversight and support of several IT projects and the administration of client IT programs.
The Director of IT will occasionally be required to provide proposal writing support and subject matter expertise to help win new business. Writes, edits and packages a variety of technical documents, including proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals. Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related field
- Security clearance - Secret or higher
- CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
- At least 8 years of Windows Server and Active Directory administration support experience (Cloud Platform & Infrastructure (Azure) experience a plus)
- MCSE 2012 or greater Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructure (Azure) a plus)
- Able to administer a Virtual server environment and the associated storage (SAN) - VCP 5.5 or greater Certification a plus
- Familiar with MS Exchange 2010 administration
- Able to develop and utilize PowerShell scripts
- Familiar with networking principles; with intermediate level knowledge of switch & firewall administration – CCNA or greater certification a plus
- Experience with Office 365 and Windows Azure administration
- Experienced with implementing and maintaining ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 Information technology - Service Management and ISO 27000 Information Security standards
- Familiar with ITIL methodology – ITIL certification is a plus
- Experience with VoIP implementation, management and administration – Avaya certification a plus
- Experience with Wireless implementation, management and administration – Cisco and/or Aruba certification a plus
- Familiar with basic principles of Project management – PMP certification a plus
- Must have intermediate to expert level experience using the MS Office suite of applications
- Must be comfortable working within a dynamic work environment; with the ability to prioritize on the fly and multitask
- Should have the ability to self-organize and coordinate resources as needed to complete moderately complex projects.
- Prior experience supporting DoD and/or Federal government customers a plus.
- Must have the ability to be on-call nights and weekends
- Shall possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Shall be able to lift objects weighing approximately 50lbs
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication abilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.