Sr. Financial Analyst - SEC Reporting (3-5 Yrs. of experience)
- Job Title
- Sr. Financial Analyst - SEC Reporting (3-5 Yrs. of experience)
- Job ID
- Canton, MI 48188
- Other Location
Title: Senior Financial Analyst- SEC Reporting (3-5 Yrs. of experience)
Direct Hire: $80-$90K + Bonus
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
As Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, you will be a key contributor to our SEC Reporting team, providing business support and technical accounting guidance. Our assignments offer you the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the business, while you continue to build your analytical, technical and leadership skills. The position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical and technical accounting skills to various members of management and provides great networking opportunities across the enterprise.
Educational Background and Certifications:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting required
- CPA Required
- Public Accounting firm audit experience required (preferably Big 4)
- Three to five years of related work experience
- Proficient in US GAAP and SEC regulation
- Assist with the preparation and review of 10-K and 10-Q filings with the SEC, including financial statement footnotes and management's discussion and analysis.
- Review the accuracy of data included in press releases and other investor materials.
- Responsible for the accounting, reporting, and any technical research with respect to pensions, derivatives, and other areas.
- Research other technical accounting and reporting matters, authoring conclusive position papers.
- Interact with internal and external auditors on technical accounting and reporting matters.
- Preparation and review of financial information for governmental agencies.
- Perform ad hoc analysis on a regular basis, assist in special projects, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Capabilities that position the candidate to rotate within the enterprise to other Finance functions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - experience in writing clear and concise communications on technical accounting and reporting matters
- Must be a proactive self-starter, quick learner, and a team player adept at building relationships across the organization
- Advanced skill level in Excel
- Proficiency with financial reporting systems is highly preferred (e.g. Hyperion, HFM, QAD, Wdesk).
- Strong at execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think "out-of the box"
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary to accommodate periods of high volume workload.
- In addition to strong accounting skills, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational, documentation and research capabilities.
- Must show aptitude to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the changing priorities and needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to meet deadlines at a fast pace without compromising quality
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills