Sr. Financial Analyst - Controls/SOX (4-5 years of experience)
- Job Title
- Sr. Financial Analyst - Controls/SOX (4-5 years of experience)
- Job ID
- Canton, MI 48188
- Other Location
Title: Senior Financial Analyst- Controls/SOX (4-5 Years of Experience)
Direct Hire: $80-$90K + Bonus
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- CPA or CIA required.
- A minimum of 4 years of audit / SOX compliance / internal control related experience required.
- Public Accounting Firm experience required (Preferably Big 4)
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an integral part of the Global Sarbanes-Oxley/ Internal Control evaluation and compliance program of a dynamic public company environment, including interaction with all levels of the global finance organization and external audit teams.
- Assist with SoX annual planning, risk assessment, process walkthroughs and control review, testing tracking/re-performance and remediation status updates and guidance
- Balance Sheet Risk Assessment Coordinator - Monitor, analyze, evaluate, and report on global balance sheet risks, ensuring external financial statements are materially accurate. Requires proficient accounting knowledge and efficient communication with all levels of global accounting/finance teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on worldwide attestation results, maintaining master data including control assignments, location matrix reporting and attester assignments. Ensure compliance completeness and timeliness.
- Financial Application User Access Review Process Leader - Coordinate efforts of cross-functional team members including IT, Application Owners, Internal Controls and External Auditors to ensure documentation of appropriate system user access.
- Communicating with process business owners to drive internal control awareness and accountability across the organization.
- Providing ongoing internal controls and policy counseling to process owners.
- Ensuring alignment with external auditor requirements.
- Assist with the review and update of financial and pertinent operational company-wide policies.
- Supporting various corporate or systems initiatives through a review of end-to-end process designs for areas of high risk and or materiality.
- Assisting with other ancillary projects and analyses as assigned by Sr. Manager, Internal Controls.
- Self-development through on-the-job coaching, special assignments, formal training, and regular staff meetings for sharing best practices.
- Assist Financial Reporting with quarter and year end reporting.
- Overseeing Internal Control global policies and related intranet site.
- Managing the External Auditor fee approval process and related reporting.
- Gatekeeping ERP access requests, including analysis of segregation of duty conflicts.
- Coordinating the quarterly global finance and internal control certification process supporting the SEC external reporting cycle.
- Conducting non-standard financial transaction quarterly reviews to support the Corporate Financial Reporting and Disclosure process.
- Capabilities that position the candidate to rotate within our organization to Financial Reporting, Internal Audit, Corporate Accounting or other finance roles.
- Proficient in U.S. GAAP
- Strong knowledge of SOX 404 requirements and internal control concepts.
- Internal or external audit experience.
- Must be a proactive self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work effectively within a team setting.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary to accommodate periods of high volume workload.
- In addition to strong accounting skills, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational, documentation and research capabilities.
- Advanced skill level in Excel or Access along with financial reporting systems is highly preferred (e.g. Hyperion, HFM, QAD).
- Must show aptitude to learn new systems quickly.