Test Automation Engineer
- Job Title
- Test Automation Engineer
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Test Automation Engineer
Responsible for analyzing, programming and execution of automated test scripts. The candidate would be part of the “Automation First” functional testing team & will be responsible for authoring functional test cases using UFT automation framework, building re-usable UFT automation components, manage & enhance the automation framework, create usage documentation to support IT & non-IT users. This position works in collaboration with Application Development, the Quality Assurance team, Project Management, Business Analysts, and other IT stakeholders to ensure that the applications development projects have been tested thoroughly and meet the required deliverables and quality standards.
- Role includes planning, designing, executing and tracking the results of associated test efforts.
- Experience in a quality assurance role with quality assurance processes primarily with software application life cycle development processes.
- Strong command of SQL and understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with UNIX commands to execute automated processes.
- Experience in building & enhancing UFT (UFT v14) automation framework on Data Driven, Keyword Driven & BPT models.
- Experience in Selenium / Java based automation framework is a positive advantage
- Experience in ALM, Jenkins is necessary
- 2-3 years application development in a Java environment.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) methodology
- Familiarity with popular load testing frameworks such as LoadRunner, JMeter, PerfCake
- Well-versed in SOA concepts – SOAP, REST, JMS, Micro-services architecture etc. Past experience in API testing, API automation testing in QTP / UFT, data testing, batch process automated testing is a MUST