PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I (Entry Level)
- Job ID
- Arlington (Crystal City), VA 22202
- Other Location
The Administrative Assistant I will assist Federal Agency (Law Enforcement) program office/division with administrative tasks, agency awards, and events; management and other staff members in all office activities and operations as assigned. The Administrative Assistant I will provide administrative and clerical services in accordance with office needs and program requirements. The Administrative Assistant I must have good work ethics and interpersonal skills. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant I will be responsible for a variety of basic clerical tasks, office automation assignments, and administrative assistance in support of their working group. The specific risk level for this position will be Public Trust. Note: This is an "Entry Level" opportunity; Ideal fit for this opportunity will be someone genuinely interested in the criminal and/or justice system; specific to Law Enforcement.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as receptionist, greeting, assisting, and directing visitors.
- Receives telephone calls and provide accurate, timely messages to staff.
- Prepares, types, faxes, files, copies, print, mails, scans and e-mails information.
- Reviews and analyzes documents submitted for completeness and accuracy.
- Works in groups/teams on special projects to accomplish program goals.
- Communicates via telephone, lync and/or e-mail with high-level officials throughout the agency and District offices, as well as other contract affiliates.
- Assist with the ordering of supplies.
- Schedules appointments and maintain files.
- Handles program related correspondence and materials, ensuring accuracy and using appropriate discretion when handling such documents.
- Maintains chronological and program related files.
- Schedules appointments. Maintains office conference room reservations.
- Produces correspondence of a minor administrative nature in support of program activities; drafting official correspondence and memorandums.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Attention to detail, writing, and editing skills.
- Communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft© Word, Lync (IM tool), Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I (Entry Level)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs