Sr. Accountant - Supply Chain
- Job Title
- Sr. Accountant - Supply Chain
- Job ID
- Smyrna, TN 37167
- Other Location
Conexess Group is looking for a Senior Accountant with experience within Supply Chain. This indidivudal will be a key person within the Finance side of the house as well as working alongside new business and ongoing operations. This position is a contract position starting out but will have the opportunity to move into a FTE position in 2018. If you are interested in this position please contact us today!
Location: Smyrna, TN
- 8-5 normal hours/40 hours a week.
- 6 Month Contact Position with the opportunity for Full Time Hire or Contract extension at beginning of 2018.
JOB DESCRIPTION/DAY TO DAY:
The Senior Accountant – Supply Chain will fill a key role within the Finance organization with accounting, reporting, and variance analysis of key business activities for a new business unit along with ongoing operations. This role will be responsible for the successful launch of key analysis, setting up new procedures, creating dashboards that provide support to improve operational processes. The ideal candidate will be attracted by the opportunity to have an impact on an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing, and profitable business and to challenge the limits of their professional skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support supply chain initiatives which deliver value to Asurion and assurances that these benefits are driven into the P&L in a timely manner
• Detailed tracking, dashboards, and analysis around invoicing from key customers
• Provide recommendations for change in processes within team as well as cross-functionally
• Support the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
• Provide ad-hoc analysis as needed to help business partners make better decisions in a timely manner
• Use various reporting tools and analysis techniques to turn complex data into accurate and relevant information for end users
• Use accounting concepts and internal company policies to assure internal controls
• Interact positively and pro-actively between international departments to promote a global team work philosophy
• Coordinate flow of information and assimilate data necessary to prepare required reporting
• Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements
• Promote the company's Core Values and adhere to those values
• A proven track record of academic and professional excellence.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA, CPA viewed favorably.
• 3+ year’s experience in a high growth or transformational environment with similar responsibilities.
• Hands-on style with ability to dig into details.
• Deep financial, data mining, and modeling expertise.
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.