- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position will assume a Subject Matter Expert role to provide production support for one of our client’s online auto systems utilizing an in-house custom developed Java application. This role requires a highly skilled technical person with extensive proficiency working on complex issues, independently. This person is also expected to mentor less experienced team members.
- Take a lead role in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues causing the unavailability of applications for users. Accomplished through extensive research (e.g. trouble shoot issues, apply maintenance, service packs, perform upgrades, remain current on new technology, and Tier 2/3 support) using internet, vendors, and coworkers
- Guide 6 or more junior engineers for problem solving, task management & monitoring best practices
- Lead the review, setup and support of application upgrade projects/environments.
- Assume ownership for deliverables and work in collaboration with a team of engineers to collaborate with business partners, management and other technical teams within the organization to achieve results
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience in application development, implementation, and/or support
- 8+ years with Java. Familiarity with development IDE tools like Eclipse. Ability to debug and analyze coding issues
- Strong experience with Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Experienced in Oracle WebLogic, Jboss, Apache
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required
- A strong attention to detail
- Knowledge in ITSM for incident, problem, and change management and CMDB
- Knowledge in Release Transition Management
- Experience with multi-factor authentication application such as RSA is desired.
- Experience in configuring monitoring tools such as Splunk, ScienceLogic, AppDynamics is desired
- Experience with synthetic monitoring and test automation using Selenium is a plus
- Experienced supporting applications utilizing load balancing cluster and F5 is a plus
- Experience with user authentication, policy-based authorization, and/or single sign-on applications like CA Siteminder or LDAP is a plus
- Experience with Akamai, Adobe web analytics is a plus