The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Proposal Manager
- Job ID
- Vienna, VA 22182
- Other Location
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for managing the preparation of proposals from pre-RFP activities through proposal submission.. Works closely with capture managers to identify and articulate overall proposal strategy and thematic approach. Assembles proposal team; manages proposal preparation; and submission activities. Works closely with joint venture partners and subcontractors to develop proposal content. May be responsible for writing and editing sections.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in partnership with capture manager to define proposal strategy and approach prior to RFP release; may include travel to interview subject matter experts.
- Develops proposal themes, discriminators, and ghosts in collaboration with capture manager and teammates or subcontractors, as applicable.
- Prior to RFP release, identifies and schedules proposal team consisting of in-house volume managers, writers, reviewers, and pricing personnel.
- After RFP release, establishes final proposal outline, assignments, and schedule, and conducts kick-off meeting.
- Works to establish proposal style, format, schedules, and workflow.
- Manages continuing proposal efforts andrewrites sections as required.
- Audits proposal compliance.
- Follows established ISO, CMMI, and other quality processes and promotes continuous process improvement.
- Schedules and oversees “color” teams.
- Oversees final editing, production, and delivery.
- Responds to deficiency reports, clarification requests, and requests for final proposal revisions.
- Attends, coordinates, and/or manages marketing and proposal training programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage the proposal process.
- Ability to edit content from multiple individuals, incorporating data and graphics, to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include composing, editing, and grammar.
- Must be able to produce schedules, templates, and other proposal documentation using MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to determine required content, oversee its collection, and make improvement recommendations.
- Must be able to perform in a team environment with strict deadlines.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime on short notice is required.
- Ability to comply with and apply Departmental ISO, CMMI, and other quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree is required. English, Communications, or business discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of proposal/contracting experience, including proposal development and management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.