Contract- Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
- Job Title
- Contract- Enterprise Monitoring Engineer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
I. Job Purpose
This position is responsible for developing, managing and supporting event monitoring systems. The Enterprise Monitoring Engineer will also ensure that the monitoring infrastructure provides the necessary functionalities to monitor all critical components of the Enterprise infrastructure environment; Enterprise Monitoring Engineer will work in cooperation with Technical and Operational staff ensuring that monitoring capabilities are consistent with operational needs.
II. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
· Implementation and support of the Management Monitoring solution based on commercial and ad hoc software tools enabling robust event monitoring across all strategic platforms and services, databases, networks, servers and others as well as Service Level Agreement and Business Impact monitoring.
· Ensure that the monitoring system will be updated after the set-up of new platforms and/or services
· Participate in reviewing the implementations of new systems and services; taking into account the monitoring aspects and providing to Operations the necessary documentation and procedures in order to ensure the monitoring of the service in operation.
· Maintain health of the environment by keeping the environment current with upgrades and patches and by troubleshooting and resolving issues with the associated tools.
· Writing scripts (shell, bash, perl, etc.) to execute monitoring tasks that are out of the scope and capabilities of the monitoring systems.
· Develop dashboards based on the needs of internal business partners.
· Provide monthly reports to Operational and Technical staff to measure system availability against documented SLA’s.
· Collaborate with AppDev teams to ensure application process flows are monitored and alerted on appropriately prior to code deployment.
· Validate efficacy of the alerting and subsequent actions taken by automated responses or by dedicated process owners on an ongoing basis.
· Develop, implement, and execute test plans for new and existing features.
III. Job Requirements
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· 2 -5 years enterprise experience in systems monitoring capacity.
· Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology.
· Scripting experience (shell, bash, perl, python) is preferred.
· Retail experience is preferred.
· ServiceNow integration experience (CMDB, incident creation, etc)