IT Security Analyst
- Job Title
- IT Security Analyst
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
Title: IT Security Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is desiring a passionate Security Analyst for a client that's experiencing rapid growth and looking to heavily invest in this area of their organization!
- Bachelors Degree in Information security or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years working with operating systems and being knowledgeable with Windows and Linux, OS configuration, file system structures, OS components, mobile operating systems, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a technical information security role
- Experience with security tools such as Nessus, Metasploit, Burp Suite
- Firm understanding of network protocols, database systems and authentication mechanisms
- Firm understanding of web application architecture
- Understanding of ISO 27002 and/or NIST SP 800-115
- Strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments outside of security
- Industry recognized certifications (CISSP, OSCP, CEH, Security+)
- Experience with multiple security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies, DLP, NAC, etc.
- Ability to automate using scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with network forensic packet analysis
- Provide expertise in vulnerability management process and network vulnerability scanning.
- Configure vulnerability scans for the organization keeping bandwidth and business impact in mind.
- Validate found vulnerabilities to eliminate false-positives
- Perform penetration tests, both at the network and application level
- Assist remediation efforts, providing detailed explanations for vulnerabilities that were discovered along with steps required to remediate the vulnerability
- Serve as a member of the Incident Response Team by assisting with the analysis of security events as they occur.
- Educate teammates across the organization on best practices and the impact Information Security