Application Support Engineer
- Job Title
- Application Support Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Application Support Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individual’s nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Purpose of Position:
The Application Support Engineer will provide technical software and hardware problem resolution as escalation to the Help Desk team while clearly communicating technical solutions in a customer-friendly, professional manner. The role provides one-on-one end-user training as needed, and helps to maintain hardware and software inventory through tools used by the group while ensuring accurate information is recorded for reporting purposes. The Application Support Engineer looks after the products and services under the responsibility of the End User Productivity Services Team and may perform remedial work as necessary. We seek a highly organized, detail-oriented person who can work independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Provide day to day support for the tools used by the End User Productivity Services Team
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all asset information for all PC’s, local/networked printers, monitors and defined peripherals.
- Administer mobile devices using Mobile Iron.
- As a point of escalation, identify, diagnose and resolve end-user printer, PC hardware, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Involvement in IT projects with an expectation of involvement in IT’s functions, providing input into discussions and meetings.
- Responsibilities for products within IT.
- Mentor/advise junior members of staff and be a source for escalation.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Windows 7/Windows 10
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Certification in at least one technical product set preferred. (mcse etc).
- Good experience in MS SCCM and other Back Office Microsoft Applications.
- Scripting knowledge – Powershell. VBScript preferred
- Knowledge of the following beneficial, but not essential
- WinMagic SecureDoc
- Absolute Computrace
- Service Now
- Security/Patching remediation
- Print Management
- Software licensing/key management.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices, beneficial to have worked in an ITIL based environment
- Proactive learner that is interested in broadening their skill set to advance within the department.
- Fluency in English, other languages useful.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and customer focus.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency in a complex and changing working environment under.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations resulting from deadlines or heavy workload by anticipating needs.
Must be able to work full time in an office environment.