Software Development Engineer in Test (Big Data)
- Job Title
- Software Development Engineer in Test (Big Data)
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97204
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland based client in their search for a Software Development Engineer in Test. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package. As a Software Development Engineer in test, you will work with an experienced, highly Agile development and testing organization. This particular opportunity is going to be on a team focused on data integration in the Big Data space so it's vital you have experience with automated testing via Scala code.
- You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment and should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Along with your team you will develop, execute and maintain software to validate CIS products and services.
- You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that will enable you to significantly improve product quality and time to market.
- You should have a combination of solid knowledge of test automation practices as well as a strong understanding of software development obtained through years of proven experience.
- The test automation you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
- The expectation is that you will be working on a Lean or Peer Programing team where you will be functioning hand in hand with the development team creating unit and functional level automated tests that will be integrated in to our CI/CD framework.
- These tests will be triggered via our build jobs and results reported out via our standard test case management and reporting solution.
- You will help define test methodology, criteria, and test cases required validate critical functionality.
- Additionally you may be asked to participate in functional software testing in new or modified applications/systems across multiple computing environments (e.g., Web, mobile) as a precursor to automated test development.
- Experience with Hadoop or other Big Data solutions a must.
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Experience with open source test automation tools.
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Defect tracking using industry standard defect management tools (JIRA, Rally, Tracker) a must.
- Ability to estimate testing effort and effectively prioritize to meet timelines.
- Ability to clearly articulate impacts to testing priorities.
- Ability to learn complex application/data flow to determine most effective testing approach
- Experience with industry standard version control tools (Git, GitHub, Subversion)
- Experience integrating automated testing processes with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.