- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MN 55441
- Other Location
Our client is a leader in technology advanced commercial HVAC products. They offer a challenging work environment and opportunity to work for the leader in the HVAC equipment industry. You will contribute to design, development and product performance evaluation, work on new product development and support existing products in a platform and system level capacity through Development engineering. In this role you will work on centrifugal compressor design. We are looking for a candidate knowledgeable in compressor, gears, bearings and mechanical design. Position in a multi-function group where the main focus will be centrifugal compressor component mechanical design with high involvement in all aspects of electrical components used in compressor. Furthermore, this position will require exposure to multiple disciplines and work in all aspects of product development from start to finish. This is a direct hire position in Western Minneapolis area. This position is available due to company growth and expansion. This is a great opportunity with a leader in the HVAC product development space.
- Centrifugal compressor design including mechanical and electrical components including material selection, gear design, bearing design, rotor dynamic analysis of both single and multi-stage compressors.
- Stress, vibration, modal and fatigue analysis of designed components.
- Detailed involvement in all steps in the product development process.
- Develops parts qualification process/procedure and makes decisions pass/fail from developed criteria.
- In depth involvement in all aspects of the test phase to validate design. Provides detailed analysis based on the mathematical, finite element analysis and experimental data.
- Writes detailed test plans, guide, supervise, instruct and support both lab technicians and junior engineers on all compressor testing activities.
- Provides documentation, for all projects and tasks throughout the development process.
- Guides and directs designers to create prototype and production drawings. As required, be able to review, modify, and sign off on engineering and production drawings.
- Teaches and mentors junior engineers the aspects of centrifugal compressor design, development, analysis and testing
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and supervises the design engineering of new models.
- Plans and develops test programs for prototypes using Design of Experiments as needed for complex problems with many variables.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional, performance, and safety specifications.
- Bachelor's degree (Technical, Scientific, Engineering).
- 5-10+ years of related experience (Higher level degree can be substituted for years of experience).
- Ability to design centrifugal compressor rotating and stationary parts without the guidance or support.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of turbomachinery, specifically compressors (ideally centrifugal), both mechanical and electrical.
- Expertise in thermodynamics.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles with focus on stress analysis, mechanics of materials, vibration, fatigue, and failure modes.
- Extensive knowledge of compressor component design such as gears, bearings, rotating equipment, motors, casting and machining parts. Ideally this knowledge includes centrifugal compressors.
- Experience in product testing and data acquisition, with emphasis on compressor performance validation.
- Experience in design and manufacturing of mechanical and electrical components if high performance compressors
- Background in electrical motors nice to have.
For immediate consideration apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org