Lead Java Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Java Developer
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Other Location
Title: Principal Java Developer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Conexess Group is a staffing company that specializes in finding the right talent for our clients and connecting people with new opportunities.
Our client is a technology-focused leader in the financial space, and they are seeking a highly experienced Java Developer to work closely with their Identity Management Systems team. This team is responsible for applications that provide authentication, authorization, single sign on, provisioning, and access attestation services to the enterprise.
As part of the applications development discipline, this person will develop cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Coordinate with users to determine requirements. Code, test, debug documents and implement complex software applications. Coordinate activities of the project team and assists in monitoring project schedules. Also, functions as technical lead and acts as liaison between business units. Will provide training and direction to other team members.
- Very competitive compensation + annual bonus
- Excellent benefits + 401K matching
- Technology-focused organization
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex enhancements made to new and/or existing programs.
- Participates in 24x7 production support on-call rotation.
- Demonstrates proven knowledge in one or more applications or systems.
- Designs, codes, tests and administers application programs in accordance with client specifications.
- Interprets business requirements and identifies solutions to meet business objectives.
- Oversees the advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution functions for software products.
- May be technical lead on larger projects and may act as project lead on smaller projects/development efforts.
- Reviews and recommends vendor products, develops technical specifications and interfaces with other applications.
- Acts as a liaison to define business requirements and/or problems and initiates maintenance of existing programs or designs of a new application.
- Able to produce accurate, readable documentation related to software systems
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Legally authorized for work for US employer without sponsorship
- 6 or more years’ experience in Java Development
- Java/J2EE, XML, UNIX shell scripting, PERL, ANT
- Ability to work with vendor provided APIs
- Experience with application servers in a UNIX environment
- Good command over SQL