Principal Java Developer
- Job Title
- Principal Java Developer
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Other Location
Title: Principal Java Developer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Conexess Group is a staffing company that specializes in finding the right talent for our clients and connecting people with new opportunities.
Our client is a technology-focused leader in the financial space, and they are seeking a highly experienced Java Developer to join one of their key development teams. The Principal Java Developer will develop cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and/or modifying existing software applications. They will coordinate with Product Managers, Business Analysts, and End Users to determine software requirements. Create/Architect sound and reusable software designs. Code, test, debug, document and implement complex software applications. Function as a technical lead and acts as a liaison between business units. Provide technical training, direction, and support to team members in an offshore and onshore model. This person will be recognized across the organization for their applications development expertise and sought as a resource for resolution or strategic contribution of complex application development problems. This person will be expected to contribute to setting the direction on the technologies and standards adopted by the team by evaluating options in the marketplace and justifying the need for the new solutions.
- Very competitive compensation + annual bonus
- Excellent benefits + 401K matching
- Technology-focused organization
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex enhancements made to new and/or existing programs.
- Provides 2nd tier 24x7 support to technology team members on a rotating basis.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs according to client specifications.
- Acts as technical expert addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platform integration.
- Performs feasibility analysis and provides level of effort estimates on potential future projects.
- Responsible for technical documentation, development, unit testing, and defect resolution on assigned projects.
- Creates System Architecture documents and participates in Design reviews.
- Leads and directs less experienced offshore and onshore team members.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of technology supporting application(s) for a line of business.
- Participates in vendor application analysis and implements Single Sign On integrations.
- Helps formulate and implement Technology Roadmaps for our application environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Legally authorized for work for US employer without sponsorship
- 8 or more years’ experience in Java Development
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTful web services with Java.
- Experience implementing Single Sign On integrations with vendor applications.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Experience leading and directing offshore development team members.
- Angular JS and/or native Mobile development experience a plus.