Program Manager – Government Software & Systems
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a long-standing IT Government Contractor in their search for a motivated, energetic, and talented individual to serve as Program Manager in support of various software development, integration, and testing tasks with their Client in Alexandria, VA.
- Overall management of the program and ensuring that the technical solutions and services on all task orders are implemented on time and under budget.
- Planning, organizing, controlling, and directing the technical, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel actions required to support the contract.
- Formulate and review project plans, determines cost, and ensure conformance to work standards.
- Assist with the capture of the Task Orders under the contract vehicle being completed by the government and act as primary capture manager for all task orders that will be competed on the vehicle after successful award.
- Formulate and enforce work standards, assign contractor schedules, review work discrepancies, supervise contractor personnel and communicate polices, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Assign, schedule, and review work of subordinates.
- Evaluate proposed information systems to determine technical feasibility with government-specified technologies, cost for implementation and operations, and functional adequacy.
- Develop systems and maintain records that provide for proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepare a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or Business (Masters preferred)
- Project Management Institute Program Management Professional (PgMP) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Progressive managerial experience, to include a minimum of 6 years of senior leadership experience, and 15 years overall experience to include a combination of project management, system development lifecycle methodology (SDLC), and project schedule control experience
- Experience in scope estimation, planning, project costing, budget management, and use of project management tools (e.g. MS Project; MS Excel) in a multiple service tier environment
- Experience managing projects using Agile methodology and practices
- Strong understanding of large complex technical solutions involving multiple platforms (Mainframe, Windows, and Unix) utilizing a Services Oriented Architecture
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and client facing skills
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques including variance analysis and reporting
- Experience working with large technical teams and business analysts across multiple functional business areas
- Must be able to obtain Agency Public Trust security clearance
- MBA or MS in Computer Science or related field
- At least 10 years of experience working with the U.S. Federal Government
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @publictrustjobs #ITprogrammanager #PMP @novajobs