Wireless Network Design Engineer
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Wireless Network Design Engineer with an active Secret Clearance to join an exciting program at the Pentagon. Our client specializes in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of their customers.
The Wireless Network Design Engineer will perform full information technology work planning, survey, coordinating the installation and configuration of wireless network and software; maintaining and repairing complex problems with system hardware and software; and modifying system hardware and software to increase performance and meet technical design requirements with a strong emphasis on customer service both internal and external.
Journeyman knowledge of all aspects of networking best practices, hardware and operating systems is required for this position. In addition, strong knowledge of network security, WLAN/LAN/WAN architectures, network protocols, wired and wireless technologies is required.
- Responsible for the delivery of Wireless Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices
- Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities
- Assist in the development of network implementation planning
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cutover activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers wide objectives
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a directly related field
- US Citizen with Active Secret Clearance
- 5-7 years of experience in wireless broadband and/or tactical communications (Microwave, PTP, PTMP, WLAN, WIDS, WIMAX)
- CompTIA Security+ CE or CISSP Certification
- Applicable industry recognized technical or security certifications (CWNA, CWSP, CCNP, CISM, CRISC, CCNA, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with survey tools as AirMagnet, iBwave,TEMS, JDSU, etc.
- Experience with key WLAN vendors (Aruba, Cisco, Fluke, etc.)
- Produce and review technical documentation
- Thorough understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management
- Experience deploying key WLAN applications including Secure Mobility, Voice over WLAN, Location Based Services, and Wireless Guest Access
- Produce network implementation and migration plans
- Professional level understanding of common network security controls, especially firewalls
- Knowledge of networking and security protocols and the technologies used to secure large enterprise environments: TCP/IP, 802.11, IPSec, RADIUS, LDAP, SSL, PKI
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Cisco CCNA Wireless
- Preferred Aruba Certified (ACMA, ACMP, ACMX, etc.)
- iBwave Certified (at least Level II)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #wirelessengineer #wirelessnetworks @secretjobs @pentagonjobs #CWNA #CCNA