- Job Title
- Web Designer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
The Web Designer role is responsible for the design, look, layout, features and coding of a website, SharePoint sites, web applications and web user experience. The job involves understanding both graphic design and computer programming. The Web Designer will take over the graphic and user interface design and user experience of a site or an application - how the site works and how it looks. They are also involved with the maintenance and upgrades of the existing sites.
- Conceptualize original site design ideas by clarifying goals, that bring simplicity and user friendliness
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand off to backend developers
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Convert design artifacts into HTML and CSS for prototyping
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Designs and develops graphics - images, icons, banners, audio and video enhancements, etc.
- Maintains sites appearance by establishing and enforcing design guidelines, content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Bachelor's degree in multimedia or web design or equivalent hands-on experience. Strong preference is given to those who have continued to upgrade their skills through education, training, and certifications.
- Minimum 3 years of professional web design experience
- Demonstrable Web Graphic Design skills, Web Savvy, Planning, Web User Interface Design
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Web Programming Skills, Photoshop and Illustration Tools or other related tools
- Multimedia Design and Content Development, Understanding Browser Capabilities, Internet Presence
- Expertise in the visual design skills and implementation of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Keeps up to date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Must have the ability to work full time in an office environment