Java Software Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Java Software Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28209
- Other Location
Title: Java Software Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is seeking a Java Software Engineer. This position will require up to 15% travel and occassional overnight or extended hours as business needs dictate.
As a Java Software Engineer with Conexess you’ll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people’s lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We’re doing this by reimagining the online banking ecosystem and building products that empower and delight. The Java Software Engineer, under moderate supervision, participates in the technical design and implementation of new products or enhancements. Additionally, they will participate in all phases of the development cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
About our team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, we place high value on continued education. Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
- 3 years of technical experience in software development building java applications
- 3 years of experience using technologies: Eclipse, Bootstrap Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- 3 years of experience using Microservices architecture
- Data related skills: Postgresql, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience with Spring Integration, Spring Security
- Experience with HTML5, AngularJS, jQuery
- Experience with RabbitMQ is a plus
- Experience using modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins a plus.
- Cloud ETL experience is a plus. Ex. Clover Engine
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Git source control systems
- Good working knowledge of SOA, Web Services methodologies using RESTful or SOAP based API’s
- Ability to work as a member of dynamic team using Agile Scrum and Kanban development methodology
- Firm commitment to unit tests, automated testing and continuous integration
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering (SE)
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.