Accredited Financial Counselor - San Diego
- Job Title
- Accredited Financial Counselor - San Diego
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
Accredited Financial Counselor
San Diego, CA
Are you searching for a rewarding opportunity?
Talent Orchard is seeking an Accredited Financial Counselor to support a top Federal Consulting Firm with deep roots supporting the military community.
The Accredited Financial Counselor supports the Armed Forces by providing services that facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military. The programs are designed to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community well-being.
What will you do?
Personal Financial Management Basic Education and Training:
- Coordinate, publicize and provide a wide variety of classes/workshops (e.g., car buying, basic budgeting, managing credit, savings and investments)
- Conduct initial and refresher Command Financial Specialist (CFS) Training
- Assist CFSs in developing training on topics related to personal financial management
- Personal Financial Management Individualized Counseling, Planning, Evaluation, Analysis and Management ◦Provide individualized financial counseling and assistance to service members and families
- Assist service members in establishing an extended absence financial plan
- Develop and make available informational financial materials
- Plan, organize and develop new curriculum for staff providing basic Personal Financial Management Education and Training
- Provide service and family members consumer information and assistance in handling consumer complaints
Your background will look like this:
In-depth knowledge in field of personal finance and financial counseling.
Obtain national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor within first 6 months of employment and maintain certification throughout employment.
Must maintain highest ethical standards.
Highly desired Veteran, military spouse or experience working with military organizations
- Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree ◦Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience must equip the individual to serve as a personal financial management counselor and maintain national certification as an Accredited Financial Counselor
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.