Lead Data Center Engineer-Active TS with SCI Eligibility
Talent Orchard LLC, is a boutique Talent Acquisition Consulting Firm, we have been retained under contract by a leading Federal IT Systems Contractor to assist in identifying experienced Data Center Engineer with Leadership capabilities to support a DTRA program at Washington, DC. Our client is seeking an individual who will be responsible for the engineering and integration of a data center capability that supports an enterprise wide mission critical IT infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will be part of a team whose role is the design and modification of complex, multisystem environments. In this role, the Systems Engineer will identify and analyze business requirements to tune and optimize hardware, storage, and operating systems. The role also involves creating and maintaining standards and patterns development used within the Consumer infrastructure technology space. Over the contract’s period of performance, this data center capability is expected to evolve from a traditional on premise capability to one that is virtually distributed, utilizing a combination of on premise, commercial, and cloud based capabilities. The nature of the specific work is classified and it is a requirement that each individual on the assignment possess an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, as a result only US Citizens with the required clearance level can be considered at this time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development of the strategic architecture, implementation plans, engineering in support of the day–to-day operations, and variety of engineering projects focused on the evolution of the data center.
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to manage and support systems engineering and integration activities including: IT Systems Management services, Systems and Messaging, Data Engineering, Storage Services, Database Services, General Servers and Virtualization, Mainframes and Cloud Hosting Services, Middleware, Security Infrastructure, Tools, and Project Management.
- Oversee and guide a team of engineers, and provide cross discipline architectural and technical guidance for solutions developed and guide the teams in conducting planning and execution of IT Service enhancements to promote alignment with the mission and business.
- Will function as the government’s engineering single point of contact providing overall leadership and guidance for engineering.
- Support the development and updating of IT Infrastructure technology roadmaps.
- Will research technology issues for deployed and proposed technology for the enterprise, and drafting white papers to document recommended technical courses of action.
- Will collaborate with Data Center operational support personnel performing root cause analysis to identify preventive actions or solutions, seeking to preclude problem recurrence.
- Will lead technical team members in developing and improving technical quality process and outputs for integration, design, and support for data centers, virtualization, storage, local and wide area network architecture, voice networks and services, security systems, and monitoring tools.
- Will provide briefs and conducting meetings with the customer to communicate technical solutions, roadmaps and status.
- Knowledge and understanding of the DTRA mission, and the overall enterprise IT environment.
- Current knowledge of emerging technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, virtualization, on demand computing, scalable technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials.
- Strong analytical and written/oral reporting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience advising senior leadership on technical issues, with proven ability to communicate technical issues effectively at all levels of the organization.
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience at the supervisory level, leading one or more IT Service organizations with complex networking and data center responsibility for business / mission critical services.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Principles and practice of system configuration management, System Security; scripting in Perl, Python, VBScript or Windows PowerShell. Familiarity with Microsoft, Unix, and or Linux OS, data center architecture, WAN/LAN, server, storage, virtualization, cloud services, scripting, work flow configuration practices.
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure design and engineering; knowledge of current and emerging network and infrastructure technologies.
- Basic certifications in one or more of the following: ITIL, DevOps, security, systems management, or related disciplines.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified (preferred)
- Active Top Secret Level Clearance w/ SCI eligibility
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
@talentorchard #cjpost #topsecret #datacenter #ITinfrastructure