Senior IT Operations Manager-Active TS with SCI Eligibility
Talent Orchard LLC, is a boutique Talent Acquisition Consulting Firm, we have been retained under contract by a leading Federal IT Systems Contractor to assist in identifying experienced IT Operations Manager to support a DTRA program at Washington, DC. Our client is seeking a Data Operations Manager to ensure production availability, capacity, security and continuity and service level agreements are met. This position leads the delivery of IT services and accountable for addressing customer service requests are fulfilled and incidents resolved in a timely and effective manner. Over the contract’s period of performance, the existing data center capability is expected to evolve from a traditional on premise capability to one that is highly and virtually distributed, utilizing a combination of on premise, commercial, and cloud based capabilities. The nature of the specific work is classified and it is a requirement that each individual on the assignment possess an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, as a result only US Citizens with the required clearance level can be considered at this time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Program Manager, this position manages and has full accountability for the operation and maintenance of the entire IT infrastructure of DTRA, including the network and data center comprised of the NOC, Data and Voice network, storage, compute and all services provided by these components.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate proven leadership skills to manage operations personnel performing complex tasks in a fast paced IT environment. Management duties include: customer interaction, personnel scheduling and performance management, system and service monitoring, process adherence, SLA management, continual service improvement, major outage management, on call duties, and functioning as the owner of all infrastructure upgrades and changes.
- Candidate will direct personnel and manage, schedules, services, and deliverables to ensure contract compliance and high customer satisfaction.
- The position is responsible for establishing continual evaluation and improvement practices that advance operational effectiveness validated by key metrics.
- The candidate must have a proven ability to organize teams and functions to be proactive; identifying negative trends early and initiate changes when necessary to increase program efficiency. Desired Skills and Understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of the DTRA mission, and the overall IT environment.
- Current knowledge of emerging technologies including but not limited to cloud computing, virtualization, ondemand computing, scalable technologies and serviceoriented architecture.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials.
- Strong analytical and written/oral reporting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience advising senior leadership on technical issues, with proven ability to communicate technical issues effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexible, decisive, and a proactive problem solver.
- BS/BBA degree from an accredited institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience at the supervisory level, leading one or more IT Service organizations with complex networking and data center responsibility for business / mission critical services.
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Principles and practice of system configuration management, System Security; scripting. Familiarity with Microsoft, RHEL, data center architecture, WAN/LAN, server, storage, virtualization, cloud services, scripting, work flow automation/configuration practices.
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure design and engineering; knowledge of current and emerging network and infrastructure technologies.
- Certification in one or more of the following: ITIL, DevOps, PMP (preferred), security, systems management, or related disciplines.
- Solid understanding of civilian government standards for security (such as FISMA, NIST, and TIC), contracting, acquisitions, OCI, and onsite contract execution.
- The desired candidate will have previous experience supporting, developing deployment pipelines and establishing tool chains that further automation/situational awareness across the IT lifecycle.
- Active Top Secret Level Clearance w/ SCI eligibility
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
@talentorchard #cjpost #topsecret #IToperations #DTRA