PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Program Manager-I (Law Enforcement Agency)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Program Manager-I is responsible for providing program level task management and analysis for Federal Law Enforcement Agency projects. Situations outside set parameters are referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. The Program Manager-I shall assist the managers of the Agency Division programs by providing management, oversight and direction for planned and ongoing projects to help insure the efficient operations of projects for the Agency. The specific risk level for this position will be HSPD-12 "High Risk" Public Trust. All qualified candidates must have the ability to conduct and pass a federal background investigation.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the management, planning, coordination, administration and execution of all Agency programs for headquarters.
- Oversees ongoing projects, and meets with counterparts in other agencies as needed.
- Prepares correspondence as needed for management signature.
- Interprets existing rules, regulations, and Agency policies.
- Develops and analyzes program resource requests.
- Prepares reports, memoranda, briefing papers, and other written material for internal use and external use.
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the federal government's regulations, particularly those pertaining to federal personnel.
- Deposing staff with the intent to document accurate details regarding subject matter.
- Accurately follow SOP’s regarding procedures and/or policies.
- Data Tracking: tracking case files from inception to completion.
- Accurately input data using internal GOV systems.
- Use critical thinking skills to investigate or research case files and internal resources.
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- A (4) four year bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) to Six (6) years of specialized experience that is related to the duties described.
- Should have experience in employee relations matters, especially experience with disciplinary actions.
- Candidate must possess exceptional writing skills may be substituted for specific duty requirements.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to pass a Federal Public Trust background investigation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
Program Manager-I (Law Enforcement Agency)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs