Software Development Engineer-Java
Support the technical refresh (Tech Refresh) of an existing application to Java. Provide technical expertise throughout the system development lifecycle (SDLC) of the technical refresh, customer support, maintenance, and sustainment.
Specific Duties include:
- Prepare and update technical documentation, code refresh, software scanning for security vulnerabilities, unit testing, and Integrated Systems Testing (IST).
- Prepare and execute data migration and archiving.
- Provide application maintenance.
- Provide application sustainment.
- Provide knowledge transfer to organic personnel on system re-engineering, system integration, maintenance methodologies and techniques, roll-out and implementation of the business process solution
Required Experience/Knowledge/Skill – Must Haves:
Five (5) years of technical experience managing or performing software engineering activities.
- Knowledge of design & implementation of computer and database management systems.
- Knowledge of the state-of-the-art in software/database engineering methodologies, CASE tools, and design techniques, as well as applicable software/database standards.
- Requires experience with one or more programming languages. Experience in Java, .net, Web technologies, Oracle is desirable.
- Capable of working independently and possess:
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Extensive understanding of Regular Expressions and data validation
- Knowledge of Java Docs Standards
- Experience with single page web applications
- Security+ certified (Desired)
Specialized Experience/Knowledge/Skill – Nice to Haves:
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Understanding of effective logging
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Knowledge of secure database standards
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. (An additional 2 years of Java or equivalent development experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com