- Job Title
- Database Developer
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA 22134
- Other Location
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain BSU SQL databases
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008/SQL Server 2012 stored procedures
- Evaluate and advise on technology components for database management systems and applications
- Design and deploy data table structures, reports, and queries
- Coordinate with BSU technical team to develop relational database and secondary databases as needed
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and recommend solutions to optimize performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing processes for database modifications
- Ensure BSU databases are backed up at a frequency determined by industry standards and/or by FISMA/NIST requirements
- Produce ad-hoc queries to develop reports in support of client needs
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation such as database schematics
- The Database Developer shall be responsible for the daily activities of the configuration and operation of the environment, which may include, but is not limited to, web and database servers
- Prepares database documentation as needed and provides input on system updates and improvements
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Top Secret clearance
- Experience with PowerShell a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.