The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Senior Applications Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Applications Developer
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA 22134
- Other Location
JOB TITLE: Senior Applications Developer
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Senior Applications Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining internal facing web applications.
- The Senior Applications Developer shall ensure the OTD/BSU environments are properly maintained and operational.
- Develop and maintain server side code using ASP.NET, VB.NET, or C#
- Develop SharePoint features and tools using web parts, SP Apps, InfoPath forms, Workflows, term store, etc.
- Mentor junior level team members and share knowledge.
- Possess an understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Experience with designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Perform end-user and full regression testing as required for code deployments
- Support all activities throughout the implementations of BSU projects to include; installation and maintenance.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to site architecture, design, and functionality.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications that occur outside the regular release cycle.
- Develop, implement and maintain change control and testing processes for application modifications.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation such as application process schematics.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Top Secret
- A subject matter expert skilled in multiple web application languages and have a strong background in building scalable, user intuitive, high-quality and high performing web applications.
- Worked in a life cycle development process such as Agile or Scrum. Experience with Reporting Services, SharePoint 2010, or higher, Workflows, PowerShell, and SQL Server 2008/SQL Server 2012.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.