- Job Title
- Network Administrator
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA 22134
- Other Location
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shall analyze, maintain and develop networks supporting a wide range of capabilities to ensure the BSU network assets and applications are installed, configured and maintained in accordance with contemporary industry norms.
- System Administration including: backups, security management, user account management, internal access, systems and application support.
- Extensive and accurate documenting of configurations and revisions.
- Planning, implementation, and maintenance support of all established and emerging network plus computing infrastructure plans.
- Experience in the implementation of patches and updates via BigFix.
- Perform vulnerability scans at established intervals.
- Work in conjunction with the Security Analyst to identify, and remediate any and all security vulnerabilities identified through Nessus scanning or other enterprise security controls.
- Firewall configuration and support.
- Installation of the infrastructures required for BSU support.
- Implementation of network solutions related to network functionality and connectivity.
- Technical assessment of current and future BSU network.
- Provide technical approach and capabilities to rebuilding/upgrading the network infrastructure using modem servers, switches, storage arrays and related hardware.
- The Network Administrator shall assist the Government Configuration Manager in all aspects of asset, license and lifecycle management of the BSU network environments.
- The Contractor shall prepare the necessary documentation for implementation of system changes.
- The Contractor shall track and coordinate license and warranty expirations for network components as directed by the designated Government representative.
- The Contractor shall provide documentation, on any code, within their purview to ensure continuity of operations.
- Reports of user issues and problems as related to software or database operations.
- Documentation of current and future system design of software and database systems.
- Documentation and presentations of past, present and future software systems in support of BSU missions.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Top Secret clearance
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience maintaining and upgrading Microsoft Window database and web application servers, in both testing and production environments.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the configuration and operational maintenance of computer networking equipment.
- Knowledge of methods for establishing and maintaining secure configurations, adherence to established operational secure baselines, and system hardening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.