Technical Writer I
- Job Title
- Technical Writer I
- Job ID
- Falls Church, VA 20006
- Other Location
- Suffolk Building
Role and Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer will serve as the subject matter expert and focal point for technical writing support functions and will assist directorates in developing and editing documentation to include, Performance Work Statement (PWS), Statements of Work (SOWs), Market Research, White Papers, Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), etc.
****An Active SECRET Security Clearance is REQUIRED for this role****
- Assist directorates with developing, writing, editing, and managing technical documentation
- Coordinate, assemble, review, research, edit, update, analyze, and prepare technical reports/documents both in hard copy and electronically
- Assist in organizing and preparing user manuals training materials, proposals, and reports
- Able to convert complex technical discussions in to simple simplistic easy to read plain English
- Have good personal skills such as communication, teamwork, self-motivation, and demonstrable initiative and attention to detail
Other Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Have comprehensive knowledge and technical oversight of acquisition planning policies, regulations, guidelines, and processes
- Have the ability to manage multiple procurement projects with simple and complex procedures
- Have extensive Microsoft Office experience with an emphasis on MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to a classified and sensitive compartmented environment and information.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
Must have an active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to attain/maintain this level or higher as required for the role.