Administrative Assistant II
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant II
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
- DC Metro Area
Role and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant II will Act as Non-Defense Travel System (DTS) Entry Agent (NDEA) responsible for the daily administration of DTS at the organizational level and at minimum perform the following:
- Able to retrieve and manage DTS reports
- Ensure organization information is current within the Defense Travel Administrator Maintenance Tool
- Ensure travelers keep their DTS profile up to date, specifically profile E-mail address, Electronic Funds Transfer, and Government Travel Charge Card information,
- Ensure authorizing officials have completed initial and annual required training and record of such training is retained for the current plus one previous year
- Conduct profile and organizational maintenance to ensure routing lists are configured to maximize the accuracy of DTS documents while allowing for documents to be approved as expeditiously as possible
- Monitor and report on vouchers that are not submitted within five business days of travel completion.
- Complete required NDEA training and maintain proficiency.
- Assist in drafting, editing, publishing, and distributing various routine documents to include technical reports, presentations, and information papers.
- Ensure appropriate coordination and signatures are obtained on correspondence packages.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to federal agency leadership
- Manage all incoming and outgoing packages through the Department's Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS)
- Maintain and provide a daily report on tasks due
- Provide recommendations for office operating procedures to improve workflow and ensure consistency and accuracy of methods of operation.
- Schedule and maintain the Director’s calendar and make logistical arrangements necessary to ensure timely arrival at various meeting locations.
- Schedule and maintain the office calendar to ensure accountability of office personnel and meeting facility usage.
- Complete other required duties as assigned and not otherwise listed
Other Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Support personnel should have 3-5 years of experience providing senior executive administrative support.
- Must be familiar with Department of Defense writing styles as contained in DoD Manual 5110.04-M, Volume 1, DoD Manual for Written Material: Correspondence Management and DoD 5110.04-M, Volume 2, DoD Manual for Written Material: Examples and Reference Material.
- Experience with Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS)
- HS/GED is required
- Must be able to attain/maintain CAC/PIV access
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to a classified and sensitive compartmented environment and information.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- Must have 5+ years' experience supporting upper level executives or General Officers