- Job Title
- Build Engineer
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individual’s nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Purpose of Position
Conexess is looking to add a Build Engineer to the Release and Build Management team. This person needs extensive experience managing builds in a continuous integration/continuous deployment environment.
The Build Engineer is the subject matter expert for Release and Build Management across all environments for a software development (primarily Java with possible .Net opportunities) organization. Scope of work includes managing all processes and tools related to software configuration, source code, and software builds across all software products. The team maintains and supports continuous integration and deployment related tools, and continuous improvement and optimization of these tools and processes. The successful candidate must be results- and quality-oriented and highly productive in order to meet individual, team, and company goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Improve framework and execute software builds, deployments, and configurations for all projects across all environments with a focus on automation.
- Manage the source code repository including assisting the move to “one” source across various assets, code, configuration, and database.
- Develop ongoing build and release process improvements and procedures
- Install, maintain, configure, and optimize build and continuous integration tools.
- Facilitate and manage change and change management procedures across all environments and infrastructure; specifically, middleware configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Assist in managing the Release cycle process; including communications, build calendars, dashboards, and metrics.
- Facilitate and coordinate work flow and interfaces between teams (application development, QA, IT Operations, vendor providers).
- Facilitate Release Readiness reviews and weekly Build Meetings with Development Delivery managers.
- Maintains safety, security and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS/ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
Must possess 5+ years of previous release management and project management experience working at a software company
- Experience with software configuration management and DevOps; designing, building, and administering continuous integration environment.
- Experience as an administrator of the software configuration management tools. Experience with build configuration and automation tools..
- Experience with Atlassian toolsGood proficiency with Perl, Jython, Ant, and Unix shell scripting.
- Knowledge of running highly scalable infrastructure with experience in container orchestration.
- High degree of proficiency with Unix/Linux system administration.
- Ability to work on-call in support of and during Production releases.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere.
- Experience with deployment, migration, configuration and maintenance of middleware and messaging software and tools.
- Experience with management and configuration of Search Engine and Distributed Memory Caching or related software a plus.Strong analytical, strategic and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external partners and customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences or related field.